Here are some resources to help you decide if delivery is right for you and make sure any changes are useful and lasting.
1. Find out what’s allowed Rules on takeaway and delivery have been relaxed in many countries, opening up a vital new revenue stream. Check your licence and general guidance for individual countries to see what’s possible.
2. Learn from experts in switching to delivery The #UnitedWeStand series run by Big Hospitality and supported by Arla Pro, McCain and Unilever Food Solutions has published expert advice on how to pivot from dine-in to delivery. Their tips include:
- Make a noise online and let the local community know what you’ve got to offer.
- Use your offline channels too, as windows are still seen when people go out to exercise and flyers can reach less digitally savvy customers.
- Set up online ordering so phone orders don’t tie up staff members.
- Consider store selection if you have multiple sites and decide which would work well as a hub for delivery.
- Simplify your menu to increase efficiencies while satisfying customers.
- Reinforce hygiene standards by offering contactless delivery and instilling even stronger hygiene practices as a starting point.
- Rearrange your kitchen. Deliveroo recommends six distinct areas for storage, hands-off area, packing, dispatch, indoor rider waiting and outdoor rider waiting overflow.
- Make it feel permanent, winning customer confidence with transformation which feels long-term.
4. Sign up to a third party delivery service (unless you’re going to run your own) As restaurants pivot to delivery, curbside pick-up or take-out only operations, many are turning to third party delivery apps. Here’s how to sign up:
5. Create a menu that travels well and promote your delivery service Unilever Food Solutions is running an information hub on everything you need to know about food delivery to keep your business running through COVID-19, with recent topics including:
Install this webapp on your iPhoneInstall this webapp on your iPadInstall this webapp on your Android phoneInstall this webapp on your Windows phone
Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon above and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.