tips to work with the Code
Start the conversation simply
– how do they think last night's service went? What do they think could be improved? How do they feel today?
Change up who talks first
– sometimes a chef can start, sometimes a server can start. It shouldn't always be you. Everyone is equal.
There's no "I" in team
- get everybody's input on critical decisions and operational issues. It affects them, so their opinion counts.
Involve your FOH
- a well-run restaurant depends on a good relationship between FOH and BOH. Encourage this by bringing both into the conversation - they have different views on the same service.
Make it memorable
- give everyone a paper copy of the #FairKitchens Code (we put it on front on everyone's notebook) and encourage them to take notes.
Show you're listening
- use their notes to shape the next discussion, share what you're doing differently.