If you are struggling, there are a number of organisations providing resources and support:
The The Burnt Chef Project is a non-profit campaign operating to challenge mental health stigma in hospitality through online training, open conversations and sales of branded custom merchandise. The earnings are used to re-invest back into mental health training and useful resources. Visit their shop here.
The Burnt Chef Project offers:
The Burnt Chef Support Service provides 24/7 support to anyone within hospitality who feels like they want to talk to someone about their mental health. To use this service just text: BURNTCHEF to 85258 24/7 and for free and a trained volunteer will aim to respond to you within just 5 minutes.
FREE resources such as a ‘Wellness Action Plan’, Employee Check-In Guide, Deep Breathing Tips video and more!
3) Covid Wellbeing Hub- including advice on addiction, anxiety, looking after your wellbeing during furlough and coping with uncertainty.
Pilot Lightis a campaign focused on inspiring change in the way people think and act about mental health through addressing industry specific issues found in hospitality. Pilot Light ignites a conversation around mental health stigma, and supports the learning and understanding of mental health issues by offering content, tools and resources.
1) They are partnering with Shout, a 24/7 UK crisis text service available for times when people feel they need immediate support.
2) By texting ‘SHOUT’ to ‘85258’, you will be put in touch with a trained Crisis Volunteer (CV) who will chat to you using trained techniques via text.
3) If you feel that one of your colleagues is struggling, Pilot Light offers guidelines and information on how to spot the signs.
4) For their advice and information on staying well, click here.
Healthy Hospois an organisation working toward a healthier, happier hospitality industry. As a Healthy Hospo Member, for less than the price of a cup of coffee in most cities (£2 a month), you’ll get acces to a digital training app which focuses on health and wellbeing. For more information, click here.
Available 24/7 to provide lessons and resources to give the support you need for a happier, healthier life.
Exclusive discounts from partners.
Earn rewards as you complete lessons!
Install this webapp on your iPhoneInstall this webapp on your iPadInstall this webapp on your Android phoneInstall this webapp on your Windows phone
Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon above and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.Tap the share icon below and choose add to homescreen.